Parking at Cattle Market Car Park in Bath
Cattle Market Car Park is a large car park located in the city of Bath, UK. Here is some more information about the car park:
- The car park is located on Walcot Street, which is just a short walk from the city centre and many popular attractions.
- The car park is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It offers hourly, daily, and overnight parking rates, as well as season tickets for regular visitors.
- The car park is operated by Bath and North East Somerset Council.
Cattle Market Car Park address
Address: Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5LH
Cost to park at Cattle Market Car Park
Parking at Cattle Market Car Park in Bath is one of the most affordable options, whether you’re visiting the city for a spot of sight seeing.
You can also park your car at Cattle Market Car Park for a 24 hour period, so if you are staying in the city overnight, it is an affordable option and can often be cheaper than on-site hotel car parks.
|Up to 1 hour
|Up to 2 hours
|Up to 3 hours
|Up to 4 hours
|Evening (8pm – 8am)
There’s multiple payment methods when parking at Cattle Market Car Park, including cash, card and MiPermit.
Cattle Market Car Park spaces
It has a total of 930 parking spaces, including designated spaces for disabled visitors and parent and child parking.
Electric charge points
Cattle Market Car Park in Bath does not currently have electric vehicle charging points on site. However, there are several electric vehicle charging points located throughout the city of Bath, including at the Bath Park and Ride sites and at several public car parks.
You can find more information about EV charging facilities in Bath on the council’s website or on electric vehicle charging point mapping websites and apps. Additionally, if you are planning to park in the city centre and require EV charging, it is a good idea to plan ahead and check the availability of charging points at your chosen location before you arrive.
Cattle Market Car Park in Bath provides accessible parking spaces for visitors with disabilities. Here is some more information about the disabled parking facilities:
- The car park has designated accessible parking spaces located near the entrances and exits of the car park, as well as close to the lifts and stairwells.
- The accessible parking spaces are wider than standard parking spaces to allow for easier access for wheelchair users and people with mobility impairments.
- The car park provides level access to the pedestrian footbridge which leads to the city center and is approximately a 10-minute walk from the car park.
- There are also disabled toilets located on each level of the car park.
To use the accessible parking spaces, you will need a valid Blue Badge or Disability Parking Permit. The parking rates for disabled visitors are the same as for other visitors, but you may be eligible for a discount or free parking, depending on your circumstances. You can find more information about parking rates and discounts on the Cattle Market Car Park website or by contacting the car park directly.
Places close to Cattle Market Car Park
Here are some of the nearby attractions and amenities to Cattle Market Car Park:
- Bath Sports and Leisure Centre: This large leisure center is located next to the car park and offers a range of sports facilities, including a swimming pool, gym, and exercise classes.
- Bath Christmas Market: This popular Christmas market is held annually in the city center and is just a short walk from the car park. It offers a range of stalls selling gifts, crafts, and festive food and drink.
- Theatre Royal Bath: This historic theater is a 10-minute walk from the car park and hosts a range of plays, musicals, and other performances throughout the year.
- Victoria Art Gallery: This art museum is located in the city center and is a 15-minute walk from the car park. It houses a collection of British paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts.
- Bath Abbey: This beautiful abbey is located in the heart of the city center and is a 15-minute walk from the car park. It is a popular tourist attraction and a significant example of Gothic architecture in the UK.
How to get to Cattle Market Car Park
To drive to Cattle Market Car Park in Bath, you can use the following directions:
- From the A4, turn onto London Road, which leads directly into the city center.
- Continue straight on London Road until you reach the roundabout at the junction with Cleveland Place and Pulteney Road.
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Pulteney Road, which will lead you across the River Avon and into the city center.
- Follow Pulteney Road until you reach the next roundabout, and take the first exit onto North Parade Road.
- Continue straight on North Parade Road until you reach the traffic lights at the junction with Walcot Street.
- Turn left at the traffic lights onto Walcot Street, and you will see the entrance to the Cattle Market Car Park on your left-hand side.
Please note that driving in the city centre can be busy, especially during peak hours and on weekends, and parking can be limited, so it is always a good idea to plan ahead and check availability before you arrive.