Parking at a train station can be a stressful experience, especially when you’re in a hurry to catch your train. Crewe Station is a busy transportation hub that connects various destinations across the country.
Finding the right parking spot can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. In this article, we’ll provide you with tips on how to find parking for Crewe Station, so you can enjoy a hassle-free commute.
Parking options for Crewe station
Crewe Station offers two types of parking – long stay and short stay.
Address: Nantwich Road, Crewe, CW2 6HR
Long stay parking
Best suited to those who need to park their car for an extended period. It’s ideal for commuters who travel frequently or people going on long trips.
Pedley Street Crewe Station car park (525 spaces) and Weston Road car park (76 spaces) are the two long stay car parks close to Crewe Station that are open 24 hours.
A day ticket costs £12.50, and a monthly ticket costs £132 (Pedley Street only) allowing you use the train services without worrying about rushing back to your vehicle.
Weston Road car park is just £5.50 per day on both Saturday and Sunday.
Short stay parking
Best suited for those who need to park their car for just a few hours. It’s ideal for people who are dropping off or picking up passengers, or those who are travelling for a short period. Short stay parking is available on the station forecourt and is monitored 24/7.
There is a car park close to Crewe Station that is owned by Cheshire council, Pedley Street car park (81 spaces) and offers short stay options.
If you are staying for less than 40 minutes, you can park for free but stays over 40 minutes incur a daily charge of £12.50.
How to Find Parking for Crewe Station:
Finding parking for Crewe Station can be challenging, especially during peak hours. Here are some tips to help you find a parking spot:
- Plan ahead – Check the Crewe Station website for information on parking and plan your trip accordingly.
- Use the station’s car park finder – The car park finder on the Crewe Station website helps you locate available parking spots.
- Consider alternative parking options – There are other car parks near Crewe Station that you can use, such as the NCP Car Park or the Grand Junction Retail Park.
Tips for Parking at Crewe Station:
- Arrive early – Arrive at the station early to allow enough time to find a parking spot and catch your train.
- Use the designated parking areas – Make sure you park in the designated areas to avoid getting a parking ticket.
- Pay for parking – Make sure you pay for parking to avoid getting a fine.
- Keep valuables out of sight – Always keep your valuables out of sight to prevent theft.
FAQs about Parking at Crewe Station:
No, parking is not free at Crewe Station. You need to pay for parking.
The cost of parking depends on the duration of your stay. Short stay parking costs £5 for up to 2 hours, while long stay parking costs £10 for up to 24 hours.
Yes, there are designated parking spots for disabled drivers at Crewe Station. These spots are located close to the station entrance.
Finding parking for Crewe Station doesn’t have to be a daunting task with the right tips. Plan ahead, use the station’s car park finder, and consider alternative parking options. Remember to arrive early, park in designated areas, pay for parking, and keep your valuables out of sight. With these tips, you can enjoy a hassle-free commute from Crewe Station.