Parking at The Lanes Car Park in Brighton
The Lanes car park in Brighton is a popular multi-storey car park located in the heart of the city’s historic Lanes district. It has 24-hour access and provides over 500 parking spaces across its eight floors.
The car park is operated by Brighton & Hove City Council and offers both hourly and daily parking rates, as well as season tickets for regular users. Payment can be made by cash or card, and there are also pay and display machines available on each floor.
The car park is conveniently located close to many popular attractions in Brighton, including the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Dome, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, and the seafront. However, due to its central location, it can sometimes be busy and finding a space may be difficult during peak times.
The Lanes Car Park address
Address: Black Lion Street, Brighton, BN1 1ND
Cost to park at The Lanes Car Park
Parking at The Lanes Car Park in Brighton is one of the most convenient options, whether you’re visiting the city for a spot of sight seeing or a weekend away.
You can park your car at The Lanes Car Park for a 24 hour period, so if you are staying in the city overnight, it is an affordable option and can often be cheaper than on-site hotel car parks.
|Up to 1 hour
|Up to 2 hours
|Up to 4 hours
|Up to 9 hours
|Up to 24 hours
|Weekday Evening (6pm – 8am)
|Weekend Evening (6pm – 8am)
On weekends, hourly rates up to 4 hours will cost an additional £1.50 per hour.
The Lanes Car Park spaces
It has a total of 355 parking spaces, including designated spaces for disabled visitors and parent and child parking.
Electric charge points
The Lanes car park in Brighton does offer electric vehicle (EV) parking facilities. There are a total of 4 dedicated EV charging bays located on the level 3 of the car park.
The charging rate for the EV bays at The Lanes car park is £0.61 per kWh, with a minimum charge of £1.50. This is in addition to the regular parking fees for using the car park.
The Lanes car park in Brighton does offer disabled parking facilities. There are a total of 8 dedicated disabled parking bays located on level 1 of the car park, close to the lifts and pedestrian exits.
To use the disabled parking bays, drivers will need to display a valid Blue Badge permit on their dashboard. The car park also provides wider parking spaces for disabled drivers, making it easier to access and exit their vehicles.
Blue Badge holders are not entitled to free parking and must pay the parking charges.
Places close to The Lanes Car Park
The Lanes car park in Brighton is located in the heart of the city’s historic Lanes district, which is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Here are some of the things that are located near the car park:
- The Lanes – The car park is situated in the heart of the Lanes, a popular shopping area that is known for its narrow alleys, independent shops, and antique stores.
- Brighton Dome – Located just a short walk from the car park, the Brighton Dome is a concert hall and performance venue that hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
- Royal Pavilion – The Royal Pavilion is a must-see attraction in Brighton, and it is located just a few minutes’ walk from the car park. This ornate palace was built for King George IV in the early 19th century and is known for its distinctive Indian-inspired architecture.
- Brighton Museum & Art Gallery – This museum is home to a range of exhibitions and collections, including works by local artists and artefacts from Brighton’s history.
- Brighton Pier – The iconic Brighton Pier is located just a short walk from the car park, and it’s a great place to enjoy some traditional seaside attractions like fairground rides, arcade games, and fish and chips.
- The beach – Brighton’s pebble beach is located just a few minutes’ walk from the car park, making it a great place to relax and soak up the sun.
- North Laine – This bohemian neighbourhood is located just north of the car park and is home to a variety of independent shops, cafes, and bars.
There are many other attractions and landmarks located near the Lanes car park in Brighton, making it a great starting point for exploring the city.
How to get to The Lanes Car Park
If you are driving to the Lanes car park in Brighton, here are some directions to help you find your way:
- From the A23/M23 motorway, take the A23 exit toward Brighton.
- Continue on the A23 for approximately 6 miles until you reach the roundabout at the end of the road.
- Take the second exit at the roundabout onto the A23, and continue for approximately 1 mile.
- Turn left onto the A270/Lewes Road and continue for approximately 1 mile.
- Turn right onto Grand Parade, and continue for approximately 0.3 miles.
- Turn left onto North Road, and continue for approximately 0.2 miles.
- Turn right onto Church Street, and continue for approximately 0.1 miles.
- Turn left onto Ship Street, and the entrance to the Lanes car park will be on your right.
Please note that traffic and road layouts can change over time, and it’s always a good idea to check for any updates or changes to the road network before setting off on your journey.